Lead Graphic Designer
4 days left
Quadmark are looking for an experienced (10 years minimum), UK based, Lead Graphic Designer with a passion for the latest creative techniques and trends to interpret our clients needs and to design solutions with high visual impact. You will work remotely on a variety of products, with a needed skillset in digital including training packages, marketing collaterals, online modules, incentive campaigns, websites and product packaging working with our other designers, copywriters and accounts team. Figma and illustration capabilities are preferred. You will lead and people manage a team of 7 graphic designers in the UK and US (NYC) timezones.
No two weeks are the same, and no ideas are too creative. You will get to bring to life a range of topics from incredible products and services to handy sales skills to help enable our client’s field teams. Whatever the topic, you will be empowered to put your experience and innovative thinking into practice every day.
What will you do?
- Working for the Head of Design alongside two other Lead Designers. Representing the UK/US timezones - line manager for the designers in that timezone.
- People management - team updates, onboarding new designers, OKRs, performance management, development, holiday and leave approvals for the team.
- Leading and designing large projects - requiring design and related deliverables, as needed throughout the timeline.
- Work reviewing and standards - ensuring the work from their team/timezone is of a high standard by reviewing each iteration of design produced, and coaching the team on improvements as necessary.
- Client brand guideline ownership - helping the wider team on questions across the timezones regarding brand style and which asset libraries to use.
- Resourcing / workflow - working with the resource managers, ensuring they are happy with the workload and assignment to the right designers, based on strengths and skill-sets of their team.
- Project showcases and post mortems - liaising with Account Managers to discuss previous projects, identifying areas for improvement and iterating these for future projects. Setting up fortnightly team project spotlights so design team have good transparency of the types of projects and work they are all doing.
- Archiving assets - staying on top of the assets we create such as icons, illustrations and characters for the various client accounts. Can be through delegation to their team. Keep all of the team informed with updates.
- Digital field upskilling - building on the web / UX side of the team, upskilling and educating, improving Quadmark’s web involvement for our clients.
Day to day role
- Working on the bigger, creative projects that need that type of experience.
- Supporting the Head of Design on daily work reviews.
- Delegating out amends and handing over work to be finished to the other members of the team.
- Being the support network for the less experienced designers, helping locate assets and day to day technical issues in programs and beyond.
- Joining the Head of Design in kick off calls for all large projects, then any other calls needed with the Accounts teams to see that project through to the end. Attending in the Head of Design’s absence or unavailability.
- Supporting the resource team where needed on workflow and scheduling of tasks when the other timezones are offline or on leave.
- Attending calls / meetings - Daily call with design team from relevant timezone.
- Weekly catch up call 1:1 with Head of Design and other Design Leads to help showcase the week’s work in that timezone (examples).
- Working with the Resourcing team to liaise with freelancers. Supporting the Head of Design to recruit and onboard new candidates, both permanent and freelance relevant to their timezone.
- You have very good knowledge and experience of all the main pillars of graphic design - typography, layout, branding and design with the ability to illustrate visually engaging images.
- You have the ability to design fresh and engaging materials that transform complex information and messaging into easy-to-remember and exciting content.
- You have a minimum of 10 years experience in multimedia design either on the agency or client side (or a diploma/degree in digital and / or print design or a related discipline).
- You have proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop and web based software such as Figma.
- You are a confident (or willing to become) user of Google applications such as Google Slides, Mail and Drive.
- You are a diligent and pro-active worker.
- You are a leader and can inspire a team.
- You are able to work remotely from home.
To thrive at Quadmark you also have these attributes:
- Humility - you are self aware, self critical, respectful and modest. You have a great sense of humour and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Adaptability - you are curious by nature and motivated by constant change. You ask lots of questions and look for opportunities to develop yourself. You are forward thinking, challenge the norm and like to be stretched out of your comfort zone.
- Commitment - You are high energy and have a strong work ethic. You are an organised person who doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves and getting on with it, with a sense of ownership and resourcefulness.
- Collaboration - you have an open, honest and transparent communication style. You operate with teamwork first. You are a good listener, open to the ideas and share knowledge to enable and better others.
- Caring - trust and mutual respect are a given for you. You care about the outcome and are willing to go the extra mile and make a difference. You always look for the opportunity to help others when bandwidth allows.
Back in 1999 we began our mission to inspire teams to think differently about their customer experience. We do this through a blend of advising, creating and enablement. We now work with some of the world's most exciting organisations to drive growth and productivity throughout their ecosystem.
We love working with fast paced and continuously evolving organisations because we understand what it takes to inspire change and learning in tech savvy teams. We deliver quantifiable results through a blend of global expertise, customised training and sales enablement. We really do understand complex business and the latest market challenges, allowing us to motivate teams to go to market using relevant, technology driven and creative sales tools. We integrate our expertise into dynamic businesses by sharing our channel know-how and designing genuinely creative content.
How to Apply
If this role sounds like something you’d be great at, please apply via email@example.com
Apply for Lead Graphic Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly