Midweight Art Director
Award winning health communications agency in London, is looking for an Art Director to help brands and businesses think further.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with other creatives and designers to develop concepts, design and layout solutions that respond to a variety of client briefs
- Be constantly curious - Have a keen awareness of what's happening in the world around you
- Take your knowledge, insights, ideas and turn them into relevant, engaging, beautifully art directed products
- Understand art direction for off and online content - Ensure that any corporate guidelines have been carefully considered and reflected in any recommendations
- Work closely with designers and copywriters to devise brand guidelines.
- Work with the production team to identify and engage with the best external suppliers to execute the work in line with the agreed budget and timeline
- Brief external partners to bring your ideas to life, ensuring that the work is flawlessly executed with the highest levels of craft skills, regardless of channel
- Direct the execution of the design, supervising the work of creative partners such as illustrators or model makers to understand your creative vision
Brand / Market / Agency Knowledge
- Build effective relationships with account and creative teams, collaborating with creative briefs and timings
- Translate creative briefs into comprehensive multi-channel design layouts
- Manage and work independently under tight deadlines and while juggling multiple projects
- Articulate a clear direction in the studio and with any suppliers or vendors as well as taking ownership of projects
- Help refine and champion agency processes.
- Have ability to think on your feet and actively implement solutions to avoid problems.
Client Relations / Communication Skills
- Work collaboratively and always support the wider team
- Present your work persuasively to the agency team.
- Keep all internal stakeholders informed of the progress of projects, especially if any issues arise that relate to budgets or timelines
Strategic and Tactical Planning
- Contribute and participate fully in the development of creative briefs and strategic and tactical plans
- Understand the creative strategy in order to produce appropriate design solutions
- Contribute to the development of strategy through participation in internal strategic workshops and discussions
- Complete your timesheets daily – and accurately
- Understand urgencies and support your manager when booking / scheduling time
- Establish brand priorities and contribute the overall agency goals.
- Maintain all archives and storage of files / documentation
- Maintain suitable quality control levels within the team and wider agency
- Work with cross-functional agency teams to develop the creative content of proposals and pitches, taking a lead role in the development and delivery of the creative content
- Whenever opportunities arise, engage with clients to maximise selling opportunities, championing the brand at all times
- Seek to identify and progress creative opportunities to grow client and agency business
- Build awareness of the agency by maximising opportunities to showcase creative work to existing and potential clients e.g. via the company website, award shows and industry press
- Foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Proactively support your manager by suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- Take a leading role in the creative department, and inspire and support the team to create extraordinary work
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced art director who produces extraordinary thinking and craft of the highest level. You are an all-rounder, whose responsibility will be to proactively support a close-knit creative and design team.
You work with creative directors, copywriters and designers to inspire, create and deliver award winning, original concepts, art direction and design for briefs that come in from our varied portfolio of clients.
You can understand usability and application for multi-media platforms including: print, digital and social media. You will need to help the creative department create compelling campaigns, bring events and congresses to life, work on pitches and everything in between.
As a conceptual thinker, you have a wide range of abilities, with a solid grounding in visual communications, and a strong understanding of typography, principles of art direction, layout and user experience.
Communication is a big part of the job, so you should feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. From brainstorming and presenting initial ideas, right through to final execution and delivering.
- • _Proven experience in design
- • _Strong, varied portfolio demonstrating award-winning art direction, ideas, experiences, print and digital work
- • _Strong understanding of usability and interaction design.
Having expert thinking is only part of this agency’s story. Their disciplines are centred around the three essential crafts of science, strategy and creativity to ensure excellence in everything they make.
Our client are committed to diversity in the workplace and believe the more diverse the team, the more imaginative, intelligent and inspirational culture and work will become.
The group have put €45 million to diversity, inclusion and social injustice within the network and support communities for women, LGBTQ+ BAME employees as well as launched a mental health programme which includes free HeadSpace membership.
If this sounds like an organisation you would like to be part of and you have the appropriate skills and experience then please send us your portfolio!