Head of FF&E
This is a key role for the studio and the successful candidate is expected to become a Director of the business within two years.
The studio has an ethos of respecting the spaces they work in, every project is different, but the common thread is a focus on materiality and a minimalist aesthetic.
- Working within a project team, the FF&E designer will be fully immersed and expected to collaborate with designers and architects.
- assist with creating pitch documents for new business development
- On a project by project basis - lead the FF&E design and actively manage the design process and deliverables across all stages of work (RIBA 0-7)
- Specifying and managing the purchase and manufacture of highly detailed, bespoke furniture and lighting pieces.
- Development of the overall project brief through the preparation, implementation, and analysis of bespoke questionnaires, industry research, benchmarking, and workshops
- Ensuring all FF&E-related deliveries are on site when scheduled.
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and contractors.
- Establishing new relationships and maintaining relationships with existing manufacturers and suppliers.
Skills and Experience
- Degree in interior design or relevant field.
- Proven project experience within the high-end hotel and residential sector.
- A record of commissioning bespoke furnishing and fittings.
- Procurement and strong organising skills.
- Project management with a track record in managing an FF&E project from conception to
completion – all phases / stages
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in representing your company to the client.
- Confidence in pulling together imagery and presenting concepts is essential.
This studio is a leader in the industry, an opportunity here will give the successful candidate exposure to the most extraordinary design, all completed with a contemporary flair.
Please ensure you send both your CV and portfolio (less than 10Mb) when applying for this job.