This design-led manufacturer provides bespoke furniture solutions including stadiums, offices, courtrooms, hotels and restaurants. They have a reputation for great service, individuality and endless bespoke product options.
Due to continued and sustained growth they are looking to add an experienced Furniture Designer to their team. They can offer plenty of support, additional training and career development but you should be confident in taking on projects that often involve a fast turnaround from initial concept to design solution.
Main areas of responsibility for the Furniture Designer include:
- Design development for Bars, Reception Counters, Wall Panelling, Feature Ceilings and Banquette Seating
- Researching and integrating components / fittings
- Generating clear and accurate approval and production drawings
- Sketching out specific details, ideas and sections to present options for the construction of an item
- Researching the required materials taken from the finishes schedule
- Daily use of the Company Management System (CMS) to reference and save information
- Booking and attending model reviews, following an item through into production
Skills and experience sought from the Furniture Designer:
- 5+ years’ experience in producing detailed drawings of bespoke furniture for manufacture
- SolidWorks proficient or similar
- A strong understanding of furniture production methods and materials
- Able to generate accurate, detailed production drawings
- Able to work to timescales and deadlines
Working office hours will be 8:30am to 5pm and in return they offer a salary of between £25k and £32k, company pension, Christmas bonus scheme and hamper plus a summer BBQ and Christmas party!