This brand leader in the manufacture of high-quality beautifully designed fitted kitchens and furniture supply British-made kitchens through specialist retailers across the UK and direct to Housing Developers. Their purpose-built manufacturing complex uses the latest technology and computer-controlled facilities to create an exciting range of modern and classic kitchens that feature the very latest innovations and design features.
They currently have an opening for a Contract Kitchen Designer to work with their Housing Developer clients. You will be responsible for producing designs and estimates for developers from a client's own brief and architect’s drawings.
Main duties of the Contract Kitchen Designer:
- Liaising with Developers and the Sales Team
- Producing accurate designs and estimates for kitchen layouts
- Preparing completed designs / estimates into a tender presentation
- Scaling from Architects drawings supplied by the Developer
- Establishing an installation budget and plan within contract guidelines
- Undertaking showroom tours as and when required
Skills and experience for the Contract Kitchen Designer:
- Familiar with scaling from plans and designing kitchens
- Fully proficient using a CAD system (they use ArtiCAD)
- Possessing creativity and design flair to create a functional, attractive kitchen from scratch
- Understanding of kitchen component parts would be advantageous
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, etc.) or similar
- Working knowledge of SAP and Photoshop desirable but not essential
This role will be based in their Head-Office and they are looking for a Contract Kitchen Designer with a “can do” attitude and a friendly, sociable personality. In return you will be working Monday to Friday with no weekends as this is not a retail role and on top of your salary they have an employee benefits system and company pension contributions.