Deputy Workshop Manager
This busy company supplies furniture, props and accessories to the film and television industry covering many eras - from Medieval through to the 1980's. Their showroom is within easy access of all the major London film studios and they have created a new role of Deputy Workshop Manager.
Your role will be to assist the Workshop Manager in leading and managing their friendly in-house workshop team, along with maintaining and repairing the vast stock of antique furniture and accessories. Additionally, due to industry demand, they anticipate expanding this department to incorporate model making so any previous model making experience would be beneficial.
The successful applicant will need knowledge of a broad range of construction techniques and materials, as well as excellent woodworking skills and an interest in furniture restoration. You will also be working in conjunction with the Loss & Damage Coordinator to calculate repair costings which will be passed on to their clients.
Skills and experience needed for the Deputy Workshop Manager:
- At least two years’ experience in theatre, set or scenic construction
- Experience in managing budgets, purchasing and negotiating with suppliers
- Strong communication skills
- Initiative to work alone with minimum supervision
- Positive and flexible approach to problem-solving with attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Knowledge of upholstery and traditional French polishing would be an advantage
- Qualifications or studies in electrical installation would also be an advantage
In return the Deputy Workshop Manager role has a salary of between £30k to £35k and plenty of training and career progression as the company is expanding both in size and the services it offers. There is also free food provided during the day!
Apply for Deputy Workshop Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly