ONLY NEED TO GO TO THE OFFICE ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH
The Artworker works closely with the Studio Manager and Studio Team and takes verbal or written briefs for a variety of digital and print projects.
The Artworker is required to work to specific timelines to produce various projects across a range of areas such as scientific publications, publicity materials, meeting materials, digital interfaces, conferences and exhibition displays.
• Works with partner agencies in the delivery of artwork projects across print and digital media
• Produces flawless artwork, following brand guides and QC procedures in line with given parameters and guidelines
• Ensures all time is logged accurately against job number(s) with detailed information Education, work experience and skills
• Educated to diploma level or equivalent in Art/Design or a related field.
• Some artwork experience required.
• Experience in producing print-ready artwork using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, as well as any other appropriate applications.
• A complete understanding of InDesign, including the use of style sheets and text formatting, is essential, as is experience in preparing files for print and digital delivery.
• Exceptional eye for detail and consistency is crucial, especially when reproducing clinical data charts for a range of scientific deliveries.
• Strong organisational, prioritisation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Core responsibilities Project Management
• Takes verbal or written briefs on artwork projects, ensuring 100% clarity and understanding
• Understands and de-constructs detailed project briefs, seeking advice where needed
• Ensures an acute awareness of other constraints in the lifecycle of artwork projects Design and Production
• Accurately works to the project brief (from concept to print-ready stage) for both print and digital media delivery
• Ensures all clinical data charts are reproduced 100% accurately and quality-checked using established processes
• Produces flawless artwork within specified time and budget(s)
• Follows brand guides strictly and ensures correct colours are used Interpersonal liaison
• Internal liaison with other team members, Nucleus Central departments and agency colleagues, as required, ensuring efficient information flow and delivery of assigned projects Managerial responsibilities
• No direct line reports
• Reports to, and receives guidance and feedback from, Studio Manager
• Is aware of own work capacity and proactively communicates capacity to manager
• Ensures manager and team members are aware of planned absence (e.g. holidays, time off in lieu) and that appropriate approvals are granted
• Informs assigned manager promptly of time off due to illness or unscheduled absence, completes and obtains sign-off of appropriate absence notification forms Financial
• Ensures timely submission of expenses for cash advances and credit cards, with supporting original VAT receipts
• Completes own timesheets accurately on a daily basis