Senior Motion Designer
Purpose of the Role:
To produce outstanding motion creative in response to design briefs and stakeholder requirements.
To be inspired to develop and deliver strategic brand concepts that build on McLaren Brand
This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. They can put together motion graphics for graphics projects, including social media content, websites, and mobile apps.
The Senior Motion Designer proactively creates all elements of digital design application to projects. They are able to deliver conceptual work to the highest standard, deliver against budgets and hard deadlines. They can oversee the work of junior designers and contractors in the Brand Creative team and can nurture talent. They have the ability to put together succinct creative presentations, from concept and insight orientation through to design options.
They can apply the McLaren brand principles to their work and ensures that best-in-class design is applied to integrated digital touch points.
- Championing and showcasing the McLaren brand through close collaboration with the brand management team and the Social Digital team.
- Design on-brand creative solutions for a variety of uses: motion graphics, brand campaigns, social media graphics, websites, product graphics and photography.
- Championing collaboration and working in alignment on projects with other areas of the studio and Social Digital teams.
- Enhancing the value of McLaren and its partners through the timely delivery of superbly executed creative.
Deliver against critical deadlines and with budget considerations, you'll need to keep up to date on current design trends and production techniques, and continually bring fresh, challenging ideas to our Brand Creative studio. We're also keen for you to share your knowledge and experience, and in doing so, encourage and support junior members of our team.
You'll apply our brand principles and values to your work, and ensure that best-in-class design is applied to our integrated digital, traditional media and Racing livery collateral.
You'll need to be flexible in your working hours and, on occasion, be able to travel.
flexibility in working hours required and ability to travel. This role reports to the Head, Digital Creative
- Ability to interpret stakeholder briefs and respond with creative concepts of the highest standard, using our brand standards and wider best practice to inform your process and thinking.
- The creation of animation storyboards.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Work with designers to understand the project scope and objectives.
- Prepare conceptual layouts for the motion graphic project.
- Keeping abreast of advancements in animation as well as new technologies and techniques, contemporary trends in production design and popular music to deliver cutting edge work.
- To deliver outstanding, cross-media creative to briefs that contribute to the ongoing development of our brand and touchpoints.
- Create highly engaging complex animations for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, tablets and the web.
- Encoding, converting and editing videos and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics.
- Assist in selecting appropriate audio, graphic and animation styles for the project.
- Stakeholder Management – being able to interpret briefs and projects from stakeholders and line managers. To prioritise tasks, consider budget constraints and critical timelines. Managing stakeholder requirements efficiently and proactively through to project fulfilment.
- Organisation and Collaboration – excellent time-management skills ensuring timely delivery against critical paths throughout the year. Being organised, contributing to the planning and output of the studio. Working with fellow Brand & Creative team members. Reporting to, and collaborating with, our Creative Director.
- Ensure deadlines and project timelines are met.
- Communication – keeping the Creative Director, Head of Digital Creative and immediate team informed of design-related issues.
- Provide accurate time estimates for each part of the process.
Note - The all of the above relates to work throughout McLaren Racing:
F1, Extreme E, Shadow and Indy car.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience as a senior motion designer either for an agency or brand.
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly motion design-related software ie After Effects, Media Encoder, Premier Pro, Photoshop).
- Secondary software knowledge Cinema 4D, Renderer – Arnold/Octane.
- Has a thorough working knowledge of current design and motion graphic trends.
- Proven ability in offering a multi-skilled response to creative digital briefs.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative concepts in response to briefs.
- Detail-orientated with exceptional organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise under pressure.
- Ability to supervise, inform and manage junior motion graphic designers, provide constructive feedback and nurture new talent.
- Continual proactive learning of new technologies, software and industry innovations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with studio creatives .
- Results – someone with an outstanding work ethic, driven by excellence with an expectation of delivering the best work possible.
- Collaborative – works collaboratively and engages in project teams, networks and alliances.
- Self-motivated – a track record of getting things done in challenging circumstances.
- Organised - the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and to escalate where necessary.
- Communication – a clear, concise and engaging communicator that is able to articulate creative thinking and implement it. To be able to listen and understand the needs of the business, stakeholder or outcome.
- Creative – imaginative, inquisitive, challenging convention and thinking intuitively and creatively.
- Attention to detail – able to identify design or contextual flaws, and to remedy these with an exacting standard.
These are our core values. They support our vision ‘to deliver the most exciting and inspiring performance in racing’ and are the things that we believe are most important in the way we live and work within the McLaren Racing family. They should directly inform how we think, how we behave, and how we perform at every level of our team.
- We never stop pushing forward
- We look for advantage in everything
- We bring creativity to challenges
- We strive for simplicity
- We bring energy to everything we do
- We connect people to the thrill of racing
- We share passion for our great sport
- We never give up
- We are respectful
- We roll up our sleeves to get the job done
- We serve the team
- We are custodians of our legacy
- We are open minded and curious
- We own failures, learn and improve
- We communicate with clarity and honesty
- We are open to challenge
- We are at our best when we’re at our bravest
- We embrace opportunity
- We take responsibility for our actions
- We believe in what we do
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
Apply for Senior Motion Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly