Middleweight to Senior Interior Designer - Residential
A London-based interior design studio specialising in high-end residential design both in the UK and internationally is seeking an experienced middleweight to senior interior designer who is confident leading a project and managing all phases of the design process. This collaborative and inviting studio loves to play with colour, texture, form and scale to achieve shifts of mood and pace, resulting in beautiful, timeless design.
This would be an initial 6-month fixed term contract based on an annual salary with possibility to review for extension/ permanent offer thereafter.
The successful candidate will be taking ownership of large scale private residential project from the concept stage and put forth their ideas while keeping to the historic and contemporary art and design style of the studio.
It is important to note this is an all-encompassing role. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing project budget, timelines and be expected to have broad knowledge of FF&E and the technical understanding on the build process; how to translate that in documentation and review for quality assurance on site.
- Contribute to concept development alongside the Director, provide original and effective solutions to the design brief
- Project manage the day to day development and preparation of scheme designs; mood boards, rendered plans/visuals
- Produce detailed design documentation for tender/construction and joinery
- Source and procure finishes, lighting and FF&E
- Oversee and manage timescales and budget
- Liaising with contractors, sub-contractors, and all other relevant personnel
- Attend site meetings for review of the construction process and detail reviews
- Clearly communicate ideas verbally and visually.
Skills & Experience:
- Must have a BA Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- RTW in the UK
- Proven experience working within private residential projects
- Ability to manage project across all aspect from concept to completion
- Good on site experience & handling of various contractors
- Strong technical understanding of the built process for interior architecture and joinery
- Demonstrate a design flair, preferably in modern design with an eclectic twist
- Wide range of supplier knowledge and keen interest in vintage finds and antiques
- Work to your initiative, organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of Estimac is an advantage.
Apply with CV and portfolio to work with this collaborative studio and add this project to your list! Looking to interview and hire immediately.