2 days left
- Job Functions
Our client specialises in playground equipment and manufactures in-house, supplying a broad spectrum of clients including landscape architects, play companies and Councils. You will find their products in public parks, offices, private houses and destination locations all around the world.
They are currently looking for a creative Product Designer with a good technical ability and working knowledge of SolidWorks to join their team and contribute high quality, innovative designs. They are open to either a recent graduate with some industrial experience or a " 2nd jobber", someone who can work on their own initiative and develop within this role. They are based near a main station with good transport links.
Key roles and responsibilities for the Product Designer include:
- Project management, working with the support of the team
- Employing strong modelling skills, production of technical drawings for manufacture and renders for presentations
- Developing bespoke product designs that can be manufactured efficiently and cost effectively
- Modifications to the existing standard product range
- Ensuring efficient and timely completion of projects, anticipating issues and proactively working to resolve them
- Liaising with customers and suppliers on a daily basis both in person and by telephone / email
- Being involved in costings and ordering
Skills and Experience needed for the Product Designer role:
- Conversant with SolidWorks
- Product Design degree or similar
- Experience of manufacturing processes for sheet metal and wood
- Strong modelling and technical skills
- Adobe Creative Suite with AutoCAD being an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientated and numerate
In return they are offering a good starting salary with a bonus scheme, private healthcare, pension and works perks. Hours of work are 8am to 5pm with half day on Fridays.
Apply for Product Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly