Product Design Engineer
This internationally recognised brand has a shared passion for British lighting, creating contemporary lighting for the residential, hospitality and commercial marketplaces globally.
Based near the Hertfordshire and Essex border they have an opening for a Product Design Engineers to work on new products for the North American market.
You will be developing products from concept through to approval in accordance with relevant regulations and standards suitable for this territory. This will involve working with the Product Engineering Manager to ensure products are engineered to meet their sustainability principles, supporting the team, working within the given timelines needed to meet customer expectations and seasonal launches. Regular communication with Supplier Liaison Managers is essential within the development of any new product. Everyone in the team and company is encouraged to share their ideas.
They are open to considering either a junior or a mid-weight design engineer.
Product Design Engineer requirements:
- 1+ years' experience working as a Product Design Engineer.
- Ability to produce engineering drawings to IEC standards.
- Knowledge and experience of various manufacturing processes suitable for mass production.
- SolidWorks literate.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of Adobe Illustrator for instructions and illustrations.
- Able and comfortable with taking ownership of projects assigned.
- Open to giving and taking constructive feedback.
- Creative engineering flair.
In return the salary on offer is up to £35k plus an annual bonus, contributary pension, free fruit and soup days and 4 company social events a year. They are a great company to work for.