Product Designer - part office/part home
An opportunity has arisen with this leading innovator in home beauty and personal wellness for a full-time Industrial Designer to join the team working on Beauty and Massage products.
The successful candidate will design new and innovative products and manage their development projects from concept through to mass production. This role will be a mix of home and office working.
The Product Designer Role also includes to:
- Produce sketches, renders and 3D files to communicate design concepts
- Create detailed CMF and Product Specification documents
- Carry out visual / technical evaluations of product samples
- Contribute towards technical copy for instruction booklets and product marketing materials
- Liaise effectively with quality compliance and legal teams to ensure all required standards for products are met and maintained
- Oversee project timings to ensure on-time delivery
Skills and Experience needed for the Product Designer:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Product Design or Industrial Design
- A minimum of 3 years' consumer product design experience
- Excellent design communication skills (sketching, ideation, presentation)
- Strong proficiency in SolidWorks, Adobe CC and KeyShot (or equivalent)
- A confident communicator with clear and concise written and verbal skills
- A creative thinker, innovator and problem solver
- A strong understanding of materials and manufacturing process, especially for plastics
- Experience of app/software specification for connected products would be an advantage
Your portfolio will need to showcase a variety of skills and processes including research, mood boards, sketching, concept development, CAD and rendering.
On top of a competitive salary they offer a Company Bonus Scheme, Contributory Pension Scheme, Private Health Insurance (optional), Subsidised Gym Membership (optional).