Assistant Product Designer
Our client specialises in the design, development and manufacture of lighting and furnishing products. As one of the leading suppliers to the interior designer and specifiers marketplace, their products have earned a reputation of being extremely well made and beautifully designed.
The company is currently looking for an Assistant Product Designer to join their small design team. You will be assisting with the design and development of the Company’s new product ranges as well as the maintenance of their extensive back catalogue of products. This will include producing concept renders, reverse engineering and product design, and the generation of technical drawings for manufacture.
The Assistant Product Designer will also be required to solve engineering problems should they arise and comfortably manage their own time and workload in a fast-paced design environment. You will be regularly communicating to a wider team as well as manufacturers.
Skills and experience required for the Assistant Product Designer role:
- Educated in a relevant degree discipline such as Product Design or Design Engineering
- Must have industry experience in using SolidWorks to a professional level
- A competent user of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Should have the ability to project manage and problem solve
- Able to organise your own time to meet project deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers when necessary
- Experience of design for manufacture and an understanding of engineering concepts and materials
- A keen eye for quality and design with great attention to detail