Senior Creative Strategist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Creative Strategist to work on some of the best-known drinks brands in the UK (soft drinks)
This role is based 3 days in the office, 2 days at home and the office is in West London.
Although this is a client-side position, the role is part of the inhouse agency set up, where you will produce above-the-line and through-the-line comms (everything from digital and social campaigns, to brand strategy and shopper activation).
You will lead the internal agency’s campaigns strategy and planning. Directing, overseeing and working alongside the Creative Director and team. You will help brands deliver better creative through the line, with particular emphasis on retail activations, trade and TTL.
You will have to act as the strategic lead, delivering insight-lead strategies and honing the creative, to make sure the team can deliver what the client needs, and do good work you can all be proud of.
The ideal candidate will need to know shopper marketing like the back of their hand. You’ll use internal and external sources to gather data and make considered conclusions to craft creative briefs and lead inspired briefings; while remaining an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
You will be responsible for recommending strategies and KPIs through the line for our brands with a focus on the offline channels. You will plan awe-inspiring brainstorms and brief our creative team to ensure our output is strategically robust. You will utilise your wealth of knowledge and marketing experience and will need to be in-tune with the latest culture and audience/shopper/retailer trends.
• Foster a culture of curiosity, data-based decisions, collaboration, and passion. Egos are best left at the door.
• Confidence and gravitas to voice and present your ideas in an engaging way toward brand teams (internal clients), senior stakeholders and internal creative teams whilst maintaining an open mind to the opinion of others.
Key Responsibilities, scope for decision making, KPIs
• Create, develop and adapt campaigns within the retail arena, with an understanding of the underlying brand strategy.
• Craft creative briefs and lead inspiring briefing sessions.
• Cultivate a deep understanding of the intersection of consumer/shopper motivation and brand team business needs.
• Develop strategic stories that enable big ideas to be sold into brand teams.
• Finding innovative ways to translate customer data, qual learnings, and broader cultural truths into insight driven strategies and briefs across TEDs most important clients.
• A thorough understanding of shopper marketing and retail activation, including channel recommendations (including trade, wholesale, grocery and convenience with a view of online retail channels), retailer agendas and understanding of shopper mindsets.
• Have a clear understanding of the consumer journey and the shopper decision tree and audit the content/communications ecosystem and where the most valuable points are to invest time and money.
• Work with the shopper team and TED team to develop strategies and best practice that can lead to best in class shopper marketing campaigns.
• Translate and add value to business/client briefs, turning them into insight-rich comms briefs ensuring that creative and media are effectively integrated
• Plan and host workshops when needed.
• Develop strong, trusting relationships between brand and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution
• Proactively keeps abreast of brand plans and shopper activities.
• Mandatory retail and/or FMCG experience.
• Identify key trends & best practices and sharing this internally.
• Proactively approaching client with relevant innovative & integrated solutions
• Articulating creative ideas to sell-in to brand
• Works and interacts with team members from all departments.
• An agile doer not just a smart thinker
• Autonomous role, no direct reports but work closely with other strategists, insight teams and all internal teams within the in-house agency.
Key Competencies, skills & professional experience
• Thorough understanding of shopper marketing, including touchpoints and media with demonstrable success within shopper marketing campaigns
• Minimum 5 + years’ experience BTL
• Solid understanding of the briefing and creative development process
• Creative Agency side experience a must (5 years+)
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines across multiple projects on multiple brands.
• Strong, confident and effervescent presentation skills
•Excellent organisational, communication and time-management skills
•Excellent client management skills (this is a client facing role)
Apply for Senior Creative Strategist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly