STUDIO JUNIOR (some design experience is preferred but not essential as training will be given, an interest in design is essential)
Reports to: Senior Designer
Hours/temp/perm: Permanent role
- To support the design department with ad-hoc tasks.
- To continually learn about the business/design department and the software it uses.
- Creating/updating packshots and overviews; ensuring that they are always up to date, including physical folders.
- Assess and coordinate when packshot photography should take place.
- Support the designers on delivering packshots to the client.
- Assisting and learning to complete design sweepers and amends.
- Assisting with and/or managing own small design projects.
- Assisting with project research and creating audits.
- To possess good communication skills with the ability to be flexible and adjust to priorities quickly and efficiently in line with business requirements.
THE COMPANY: TJARKS AND TJARKS DESIGN LIMITED
Founded in 1992 with offices in Purley, London the company has over 28 years’ experience in producing highly innovative designs for brands and own-label products. Its success is founded on long-term relationships based on integrity, reliability, loyalty and trust and it has grown its employee headcount to over 50 employees.
The company’s strong work ethic and family values meant it had grown as an agency organically through client recommendations; today by demonstrating its market leading expertise with global retailers, our client base continues to grow. Its multinational team are incredibly dedicated, and specialise in design, artwork, digital illustration, web development, 3D visuals and consumer strategy.
- Knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
- Conscientious, reliable, good attendance and timekeeping standards
- Excellent attention to detail and works with precision
- Effective project manager, able to manage workload
- Honest, trustworthy, and able to work unsupervised
- Demonstrates initiative, is creative and contributes ideas
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving without cutting corners
- Friendly, approachable, respectful and a positive team player.
- Flexible, adaptable, calm whilst working under pressure
- Professional with excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, takes ownership of daily tasks with a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
Job Description - the job description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the business and role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the company need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed on this job description.
Equal Opportunities - as a company, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of any characteristic as protected by law.
Data Protection – any information we receive as part of an enquiry about opportunities with Tjarks and Tjarks Design Ltd including personal contact details, CV and email address will be kept and used for recruitment purposes for a period of at least one year. You can view the Privacy Notice at https://tjarksandtjarks.com/en/job-applicant-privacy-notice/. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish us to delete any information you have given us and, subject to our rights and obligations under the GDPR, your information will be deleted upon request.
Application - we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.
No search firms/agencies please.