As a Packaging Designer, you will be passionate and experienced in conceptual design, you will also have experience within the food packaging and branding industry. By working with the Creative Directors, you will also help to drive forward the creative department, whilst ensuring work is commercial and to the highest quality.
Tjarks and Tjarks has 30 years-experience of designing and producing brands that win at the retail shelf. Our clients trust us time and again, over decades, to lead them through the changing dynamics of the shopper world and to design packaging that ensures their brands are picked first. We deliver our 360 design to artwork philosophy efficiently, faithfully and accurately, across the globe. We create and produce as one seamless, joined up team of experts, all under one roof.
- Create new, original, and exciting design concepts.
- Experience with packaging and branding.
- Help drive the creative department forward with your enthusiasm and passion for design.
- Highly proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Ability to quickly conceptualise and create ideas.
- Look after design projects from initial briefing through to final presentation.
- Work with style guides and brand guidelines to ensure brand compliance with a high attention to detail.
- Liaise directly with Account Managers to ensure full understanding of the client’s brief.
- Ensure that all deadlines are met within project budgets.
- Attend design and project briefings.
- Become more independent, analytical, and creative in all disciplines.
- Assist senior members of the Design team as requested.
Job Skills and qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in packaging design.
- Solid FMCG packaging experience.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility to take design projects from initial brief through to final presentation.
- An outstanding portfolio of commercial food packaging design.
- Working to tight deadlines, you know how to choose the best process and tools to deliver on time and in budget.
- Strong typographical and illustration skills.
- Working with stock imagery, you will need highly polished Photoshop skills.
- Experience of working with style guides.
- Able to assist and mentor junior designers.
- Ability to cope with shifting priorities.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite/CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Highly organised, deadline and results driven
- Conscientious, reliable, good attendance and timekeeping standards
- Excellent attention to detail and works with precision
- Effective project manager, able to manage workload
- Honest, trustworthy, and able to work unsupervised
- Demonstrates initiative, is creative and contributes ideas
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving without cutting corners
- Friendly, approachable, respectful and a positive team player.
- Flexible, adaptable, calm whilst working under pressure
- Professional with excellent communication skills.
- Proactive, takes ownership of daily tasks with a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
Job Description - the job description is written at a specific time and is subject to change as the demands of the business and role develop. The role requires flexibility and adaptability and the employees of the company need to be aware that they may be asked to perform tasks and be given responsibilities not detailed on this job description.
Equal Opportunities - as a company, we adhere to and promote equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of any characteristic as protected by law.
Data Protection – any information we receive as part of an enquiry about opportunities with Tjarks and Tjarks Design Ltd including personal contact details, CV and email address will be kept and used for recruitment purposes for a period of at least one year. You can view the Privacy Notice at https://tjarksandtjarks.com/en/job-applicant-privacy-notice/. Please contact us on email@example.com if you wish us to delete any information you have given us and, subject to our rights and obligations under the GDPR, your information will be deleted upon request.
Application - we welcome direct applications either in response to one of our advertised vacancies or on a speculative basis. Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.
No search firms/agencies please.
Apply for Packaging Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly