Senior FF&E Designer - Hotels
This London-based design studio creates award-winning interiors within the hospitality and residential sectors, and they are now looking for a talented senior FF&E designer to join their hospitality team.
- Work with project manager and client to develop schematic FF&E design, based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget.
- Participate in presentations and ensure the format is compatible with client standards.
- Develop and maintain FF&E budget.
- Develop FF&E specification for documentation.
- Direct and review purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required).
- Serve as principal contact with purchasing agent.
- Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
- Direct and review furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant drawings.
- Co-ordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required). Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
- Work with job captain and project manager throughout project to help formulate staff work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees.
- Be familiar with the project contract and contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
- Co-ordinate with project manager in producing finishes schedules.
- Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements).
- Direct education of junior FF&E design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- A basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
- Prepare task assignments for assistant designers.
- Allocate and adjust FF&E budget in co-ordination with client and project manager.
- Review and modify if necessary all specifications, schedules, purchase orders (where required) and installation plans for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required.
- Review interior architectural plans in conjunction with the project manager to ensure conformity with FF&E design
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Interior Design or related field.
- Proven years of experience in an FF&E-focused role within luxury hospitality/hotel design.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Extensive supplier knowledge in commercial market.
- Passionate about FF&E and in tune with market and what the trends are or up and coming.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD and Adobe CS.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world-class studio, delivering award-winning interiors that are completed to the highest of standards.
All applications must be submitted with CV and portfolio.