Our client has been designing and making bespoke furniture, antiqued mirror and specialist finishes for more than twenty years for the high-end London and international markets. They work for leading interior designers, architects and private clients all over the world.
They currently have an opening for a Furniture Designer with excellent technical knowledge of furniture construction to join their design team.
They are seeking an individual who is a strong team player with a positive, can-do attitude. Knowledge and experience of VectorWorks is preferable but they will consider other similar CAD programmes. They are open to the level of experience and salary will therefore vary accordingly.
Main duties for the Furniture Designer include:
- Supervising the design team to produce working drawings
- Production of accurate working drawings
- Production of design concept drawings to be used in the sales process
- Managing and co-ordinating makers and subcontractors
- Occasional working on-site, site surveying, fitting and construction
Skills and Experience needed for the Furniture Designer role:
- Strong knowledge of both furniture manufacturing techniques and materials
- Site installation experience is desirable, as well as practical cabinet-making or bench skills
- At least 2 years’ experience within furniture or woodwork manufacturing
- Good hand-sketching ability would be helpful
- Strong analytically regarding budget awareness
- Good problem-solving skills
In return you will be working with a very friendly bunch of people who love creating beautiful projects for their clients.