Furniture Designer / Joinery Designer
This company is a specialist in the interior architecture of historical and period properties and work directly with their clients who come to them for their expertise and beautiful pieces of furniture, joinery and workmanship.
As a Project Joinery Designer, you will be producing the detailed design drawings for client presentations and detailed drawings for sub-contract quotations and manufacturing for bespoke components (in metal, stone and other associated external materials and processes). Developing the creative team’s commissioned design concepts, you will be responsible for the full project specification. You will also provide design project management and be responsible for all technical external communications and management on the project at design phase and often beyond. This includes service M&E drawings, building setting out drawings, underfloor heating drawings and lighting drawings as required.
You could be working on anything from panelling, architraves and flooring to libraries, boot rooms, sculleries, laundries and kitchens.
Skills and Experience needed for the Project Joinery Designer:
- AutoCAD experience and ideally 3D using Inventor or SolidWorks
- Preferably a cabinet making or joiners background with a good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes, materials selection and presentation
- Experience already gained in industry as a furniture designer on fitted furniture and/or architectural joinery
- Able to work from sketches and specification sheets and able to interpret technical requirements and design briefs
- Experience of interior measured surveying is desirable