Product Design Engineer
This internationally recognised brand has a shared passion for British lighting, creating contemporary lighting for the residential, hospitality and commercial marketplaces globally.
Based near the Hertfordshire and Essex border they have openings for two Product Design Engineers. One to be working on new products for the North American market and the other to work on specials for the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific markets.
You will be developing products requested by their Hospitality and Sales Team in accordance with relevant regulations and standards suitable for that territory. This will involve supporting the team in developing within the given timelines needed to meet customer expectations and seasonal launches. Also ensuring products are engineered to meet the Company’s engineering and sustainability principles. Everyone is encouraged to share their ideas.
Key responsibilities for the Product Design Engineer are to:
- Create product submission packs, sample evaluation reports and communicate the findings with the manufacturers.
- Prepare prototype samples using various techniques including standard model making and 3D printing technology.
- Produce engineering drawings and product specifications for quotation, manufacturing and QA purposes.
- Create and maintain BIM files for products within the development process.
- Liaise with manufacturers during the development and production process.
- Produce installation instructions and product labels.
Skills and Experience needed for the Product Design Engineer:
- 2+ years' experience working as a Product Design Engineer.
- Ability to produce engineering drawings to IEC standards.
- Knowledge and experience of various manufacturing processes suitable for mass production.
- SolidWorks literate.
- Knowledge and basic understanding of Adobe Illustrator for instructions and illustrations.
- Able and comfortable with taking ownership of projects assigned.
- Open to giving and taking constructive feedback.
- Creative engineering flair.
In return the salary on offer is up to £35k plus an annual bonus, contributary pension, free fruit and soup days and 4 company social events a year.
Apply for Product Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly