Brief overview of role
This is an exciting role for a creative individual with strong graphic design experience and a passion for innovative visual communications. We’re looking for someone with demonstrable experience as a creative designer, who has perhaps worked in a busy design studio environment, to deliver effective creative solutions across a range of media.
This is a very visible role within the organisation; the successful applicant will work closely with senior leaders and should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. We’re looking for confident, enthusiastic and highly motivated applicants. The ability to quickly interpret complex ideas and processes and convey them as simple, visual concepts, including infographics, is also essential to the role.
This is a busy role which will require exceptional planning, time management and the ability to prioritise and manage workload effectively.
Detailed job description and key responsibilities
- Deliver high quality creative design solutions from concept through to delivery, across a wide range of media, including: print and online publications; presentations; digital and online materials; exhibition materials.
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to manage the publications and events plans, ensuring design products are delivered in good time and to a high standard.
- Owning the brand and ensuring consistency and adherence to brand guidelines across all publications, presentations, online and other design solutions.
- Provide other support in areas such as social media, website/intranet content and events.
- Manage the commission and delivery of any outsourced work, such as video, photography and additional design support if required.
Specialist Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Licenses, Memberships or Language
• Demonstrable experience in design planning and project management, driving projects from brief through to production and delivery
• Innovative, creative thinker
• In-depth knowledge and experience of design and production processes across print and other media
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate the right message
• Extensive experience of design industry standard applications (Adobe creative products, Mac OS) and excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications (including Powerpoint)
• Experience of design for digital and social media
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills: comfortable working 1-1 with senior leaders
• Digital photography, filming and video editing experience
• Animation/motion graphic experience
• Experience of using website content management systems
• Experience of working in the energy industry or with energy industry clients
• Experience of large format design (for conferences, exhibitions