The purpose of this role is to be the guardian of RSSB’s brand identity, taking responsibility for delivering our visual identity in line with our strategic intent, supporting and producing a range of high quality digital and printed materials. This includes taking complex and technical information and producing high quality, attractive and engaging illustrations, charts and diagrams that support the overall messages being communicated by the organisation.
- Provide design input for the production of publications, conference, event and exhibition material in line with the organisation’s brand and identity guidelines
- Production of high-quality graphic design to communicate complex and detailed information, including infographics, charts and diagrams, technical and other illustrations for online, digital and print projects
- Produce high quality templates inclusive of reports, training materials, web headers, email, presentation templates and typesetting as required, setting the standard and guidance on brand identity
- Work with the wider marketing, knowledge and content team to support their needs for high quality document design and illustration in publications and other material
- Act as brand and identity guardian, advising the wider organisation on correct usage and application
- Work with content created by internal teams to typeset reports, training materials, presentations, marketing and event collateral
- Create a set of InDesign document templates, to the RSSB design guidelines, for use by the Publications team.
- Provide design and layout support to RSSB’s magazine style publications, booklets, and leaflets.
- Produce infographics and illustrations that convey the essential messages from complex concepts and data.
- Maintain a set of corporate logos, type styles, and other brand images that can be used across a range of RSSB print, digital, and online publications.
- Act as the lead contact for liaison with a roster of design and print production agencies
- Experience of developing B2B materials
- Effective typography, layout and technical skills with attention to detail
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Artwork skills with knowledge of print and digital production processes
- Effective organisational skills
- Effective relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Effective planning skills including the ability to manage multiple projects
- Able to question and solve problems creatively
- A commitment to RSSB’s values and customer service
- Photography skills (desirable)
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.