We are partnering with a multidisciplinary creative studio that explores the boundaries between art and design in the context of place-making and identity. They design and work closely with fabricators to produce and install bespoke art installations to express a brand or identity, disrupting both the traditional art world model and accepted notions of branding.
They are looking for a Lead Designer to join their team. They give their Designers the freedom and space to play, there are client deliverables to meet within their Creative Process but how you get to these is up to you.
As a Lead Designer, you will be contributing to the entire lifecycle of a project, from concept through to completion, working directly into a Creative Director and working closely with the wider Design Team, Production Team and fabrication partners.
This role requires a conceptual thinker that can conﬁdently articulate their ideas and bring them to life in a diverse range of spaces. Previous experience in environmental graphic design is crucial and they'd love to see examples of these projects and your creative process in your portfolio.
The Role :
- Kicking the week off with a team-wide creative challenge
- Heading to site to get a feel for a space and meet a new client
- Working into the Creative Director on 2-3 projects across the week, ranging from one off reception pieces through to leading a team on large schemes with multiple artworks
- Being highly conceptual in formulating ideas for artworks
- Thinking holistically and strategically about schemes that you are working on, ensuring quality of output and overall continuity across the pieces
- Reviewing and developing yours and your project team's ideas with the Creative Director
- Presenting your ideas to a number of different clients and key stakeholders, leading all client conversations and ensuring all feedback is captured
- Researching themes, sketching conceptual idea cards and ﬁnalising your designs ready to hand over to the Production Team
- Taking time out for Creative Cuisine - they give their team half a day each month to spend going to galleries or following their creative pursuits to stay inspired
- Providing performance management to more junior team members
If you are interested in this opportunity and think you would be a good fit, please send your CV and Portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org