The Fix are working with a very cool and creative Lifestyle brand agency to find a Studio Manager. Your role is crucial to manage the studio and deliver across all of our clients. At the centre of successful planning and resource management it is critical to have good management and communication skills.
The role involves working alongside the two CD’s, as well as the client services team, to deliver across our client base to a high standard and with a sense of efficiency. Responsible for the management and allocation of studio resource, the Studio Manager forms a vital bridge between the studio and client services making sure both sides of the business are working together in the best way. The role also involves keeping up to date with any resource issue we may need, and with accurate planning forecasting where we might need additional external resource. A sense of initiative is important with an ability to think both reactively and pro-actively. Good under pressure is also needed for this critical role.
The role forms part of the Studio management team (including the two CD’s) making sure all deadlines are met and adequate resource is allocated. The Studio Manager’s main focus in this is working with the two CD’s to understand the studio requirements and then scheduling/resourcing up where appropriate. Additional to this the role has a general responsibility that the studio is running as effectively as it can. We want the Studio Manager to come from an agency background and have a genuine knowledge around how long things will take and the resource required and drive this forward within the agency.
Approachable and calm the Studio Manager will work closely with the client services team to manage both internal and client expectations, ensuring jobs are delivered on time but that also are given the appropriate resource to deliver to the standards required.
Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator with knowledge of typography and fonts; Clearly this means knowing your way around a mac with good housekeeping habits.
This is a fast-paced environment, and you will need to be self-motivated and have the ability to work on multiple projects at one time often juggling more than one. You will need a positive can-do attitude with a flexible approach to work, as ad-hoc requirements with short lead times are frequent
Objectives of the post
• To contribute to all projects from a resource and management point
• To learn from those around and work towards providing both support within larger projects and sole
responsibility for smaller ones.
• To shape forecasting of resource to allow the business to plan correctly
• To become part of the team and contribute to the over all studio atmosphere and ethos.
• To support the client service team in getting the work scheduled and delivered on time
• To increase the efficiencies of the studio
• To manage the studio team from an admin point of view (holidays, time sheets etc)
• To improve the work flow between client services and studio
Required application knowledge/skills:
Adobe Creative Suite including digital
• Trafficking of all work through the studio team
• Allocation of studio resource alongside two CD’s
• As part of the QC process, sign off all artwork before submission
• To ensure studio submits time reports through Harvest, this is essential for efficiency tracking.
• Management of studio annual leave
• Studio Resource planning
• Ensuring all systems and applications are kept up to date and are universal across the business
• To project a positive and ambitious attitude.
• Interact with the client services team to make sure all briefs are fit for purpose and that work is allocated to
appropriate skill sets
• To oversee the artwork output of the studio and help where needed.
• To motivate and train and be responsible to improve the teams skills and output capabilities.
• To keep up to date with all Artwork production technologies and Software
• Create and manage a sign off process - applicable to print and digital.
• Ensure servers, software and hardware are properly utilised by the studio and client services team.
• Responsible for ensuring all art workers/freelancers work in the correct manner, saving files correctly by name
and location on the server
Apply for Studio Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly