Senior Designer - Mixed Sector
An international practice based in south London require a senior designer to join their successful team. The practice has forged a highly respected reputation for themselves delivering large-scale UK and international projects and they are recognised as the leading practice in their sector globally. The practice is synonymous with winning and delivering high-profile UK and international projects. This is an opportunity for a senior designer to lead on the design of big budget, high-profile projects.
- Leading and mentoring a team of more junior designers.
- To be the clients' primary point of contact.
- Concept development that is true to client brief.
- FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling.
- Experience of putting together client presentations.
- Taking ownership of design and confidently presenting to potential clients.
- Working on site.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- To produce high-quality technical design information that is clear, accurate and on-programme to include drawings, schedules & specifications.
- Involvement across technical documentation, tender and construction, client interaction and coordination.
- Attend site meetings as required to monitor progress of construction.
Skills and Experience
- Technical mind-set with good eye for design.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and colour schemes to carryout design intent.
- Knowledge of UK building systems regulations and construction methods.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong technical knowledge and attention to detail.
- An understanding of documentation delivery using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Presentation and organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication.
- Experience of hospitality design and a complimentary mix of other sectors.
- Knowledge of Revit is preferred though not essential.