Studio Workplace Manager
A Studio Workplace Manager is needed to join an international studio with multiple studios in the London/Kings Cross area. This role will be to ensure that outstanding standards of experience, service and presentation are delivered for all, employees and visitors to the studio.
You will be the go-to person for H&S in the studio, acting as the studio’s responsible person and taking a proactive, can-do approach to effective risk management within the studio.
The Studio Manager will be integral to the implementation of the wider domain strategy by coaching and mentoring team members in their chosen disciplines and mapping out development plans to nurture talent within our domain whilst striving for innovation and world class environments across the Studios.
- Management of the studio’s buildings and internal environments:
- Reviewing and overhauling all service provider arrangements.
- Lead on seating coordination- joiners & leavers
- Creating a proactive, planned maintenance, fabric improvements and minor projects schedule ensuring our buildings are constantly looking and functioning at their best whilst evolving to best meet the needs of our members and visitors.
- Managing and leading our Studio Environments and Studio Experience Team to ensure that their skills are directed appropriately and workflow prioritised effectively (to include moving away from the management of COVID protocols to enhanced hospitality focus post pandemic).
- Working with the Property & Workplace Coordinator to analyse Service desk trends to identify recurring issues.
- Delivering the P&W Induction for new joiners.
- Management of our Landlord repairing obligations for studio leased buildings.
- Assist the Head of Property & Workplace with the annual budgeting and half-year forecasting process.
Health & Safety
- Periodically reviewing and updating policy and procedures for emergency response, First Aid and Fire Safety.
- Overseeing the team’s management of contractor safety including RAMS review for higher risk works, overhauling current processes where appropriate.
- Acting as the notification and escalation point for accident reporting and investigation, making recommendations for improvement and liaising with the relevant authorities where appropriate.
- Delivering periodic training to studio members for Incident Response Planning.
- Monitoring compliance standards ensuring best practice across all applicable obligations.
Experience, knowledge & qualifications
- 8 + years relevant or transferable experience (essential)
- Budget management experience
- Line management experience (essential)
- In date First Aid certificate
- Exposure to high end environments and service experience
- Good understanding of H&S (NEBOSH essential) and Environmental legislation and compliance requirements including; - Fire Safety, COSHH, PUWER, Working at Height, Manual Handling, Waste regulations, etc.
- Member of a relevant professional body
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly creative team and lead on the overall vibe in the studio, how people are looked after and making it an incomparable experience whether its to work or visit.