We are looking for a talented Packaging/Product Designer to work within Mainetti’s Wrexham design team whilst supporting other UK sites and global companies.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for design development, prototyping, and expanding Mainetti’s product offering within growing business areas such as E-commerce packaging
Mainetti Group is the worldwide leader in innovative, sustainable, full-service solutions for the retail industry. Sixty years ago, Mainetti pioneered garment hanger recycling, introducing sustainability practices that continue to lead the industry. Mainetti’s diversified portfolio includes Packaging, Branding, Supply Chain, and Intelligent (RFID) Solutions, and in 2020, we introduced a line of Health and Safety products that help customers in their efforts to mitigate Covid-19 risks. Our holistic supply chain process uses innovative materials to create products with less energy and more renewable sources every year.
Mainetti is a proud Member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, working with the world’s leading and most influential organizations to accelerate the global transition to a circular economy.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Involvement in the full development lifecycle of our products, from concept to quality control
- Use fast and iterative prototyping skills, 3D printing, making models to create preliminary designs and working prototypes that solve design challenges
- Use in depth knowledge of manufacturing processes to create products that are cost effective and easily manufactured
- Create engineering drawings for release and work with customers, sales, material and engineering teams to solve problems that arise as products are brought to market
- Expanding Mainetti’s product offering within growing business areas
Experience, skills and personal qualities
A successful applicant will bring new skills to the team, ideally gained in product design and packaging design
- A degree or equivalent in industrial/product design, packaging design, engineering design or similar
- Strong hands-on workshop and prototyping experience, able to rapidly design, build, test and validate prototypes
- Design and software skills: Strong 2D and 3D CAD experience. Adobe/Corel suites or similar. Seimens NX, Solidworks, Autocad or similar
- Wide + detailed knowledge of a range of materials and manufacturing processes including plastic injection moulding, extrusion, die cutting etc
- Thorough understanding of design for volume manufacture and reuse/recycling
- Ability to work within team, independently and efficiently
- Ability to travel locally and globally. Full UK licence and Passport
- Industry experience working within a product development environment
- Previous experience of design for injection moulding
- Previous experience of flexible packaging design
- Packaging design to support e-commerce (including omni-channel).