Studio Workflow/Traffic Manager
Studio Workflow/Traffic Manager
Our client in London is a small, yet perfectly formed, fast-paced creative events agency who offer unique, detailed creative, original design and in-depth industry knowledge.
A ‘one stop shop’ for an events brief, from creative concepts through to design, production and build, delivery, event live days, guest management and guest logistics.
The team consists of different sub families:
Work is always incoming and clients are demanding. Currently our Seniors run the workflow and then schedule down the team, but this is preventing them from doing their own work and their time is being eaten away trying to schedule, resource, plot and plan.
We need someone who is:
- Totally confident at what they are doing, ‘I’ve got this’ being their mantra
- Is a scheduling King or Queen
- Is able to plot and plan a project from the moment a brief comes in through to delivery
- Keeps the team on course for deadlines
- Is aware of every project and what is going on and what is needed
- Is able to schedule ahead of time to see where pinch points lie
- Is then able to resource and bring in what is needed to deliver deadlines
- Able to manage the CV portfolio resource library, own it, build it
- Confident to negotiate rates to budgets
- Someone happy to be the absolute central lynchpin to the whole team
- Someone driven who is fastidious about getting their job done with no excuses
- A super quick worker
- Able to come in and implement a solid traffic system quickly
- A doer, not a talker
- Super agile, our schedule can change day to day and we need someone who has solutions not questions
- Unflappable- at times, it’s crazy busy, do you thrive on being busy?
- Likeable- you will have direct contact to everyone, we need someone who also has a human side!
- Problem solver- are you able to solve schedules?
- Leader- we want someone the team looks to ensure they know what they are doing, and when, and that they have the right support
- Empathic- people are humans, we don’t want people to be overloaded, burn out, or not be able to go be with a loved one when needed- there will be lots of ad hoc surprises and we want you to be intuitive enough to catch them, help them, and solve issues as they arise.
- Fun, as much as we want someone who is confident and a leader and able to push back and say the word no- we also want someone who knows when to bring the humour, the fun and lighten the worry- we’re a family and we all work together- it can’t all be serious so you know when the pressure is off, how to relax and enjoy working at the agency.
- Autonomous worker- this is a new role, never before seen and so we need someone who shows us what to do, and doesn’t wait to be told. No one has time to manage you or direct your day so that’s up to you.
- Results driven- if you’re doing the right thing, the results are easy to see. People can go on leave and nothing falls down. Everyone knows what they are doing. Time isn’t wasted. Deadlines are not missed. Everyone is less stressed.
- Self sufficient, tenacious and not easily offended if people express immediate stresses and frustrations in meetings but someone who can help to solve them
- Intuitive of People
- Ability to recruit great talent within events across the design and production areas (although have the seniors of each department to bounce off)
- Ability to juggle many many things at once
- Can deliver schedules in a precise, clean, clear manner
- Takes pride in their work, catches errors
- Nothing phases them and thrives in a role like this
Brief in from client:
This person would- set up the project folder
Call a team meeting with relevant people needed from the team
Oversee the kick off meeting
Schedule who is doing what, and when
Align this with the wider schedule
Ensure people deliver on time
Ensure project response to client on time
The team is working across 9 projects at the same time.
Monday- all is well as you’ve scheduled the week and everyone knows what they are doing.
Tuesday- two new briefs come in which need a response by end of week,
Wednesday- one of the projects grows in workload and we need additional resource asap.
Thursday- we win a pitch but the client wants design work by Monday delivered.
Your ability to flex, pivot, and make decisive decisions based on clear strategic scheduling will enable everyone to still to do their work without any unneeded pressure.
Ultimately- the culture at our company is massively about having a work life balance. We work from 10-6pm and do not encourage over working or like it. We want people to come in, work hard, but then have a life so your role will also protect the culture of the Company by protecting the team.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a creative agency or similar role
- Strong team management skills
- Understanding of traffic management systems and able to implement
Apply for Studio Workflow/Traffic Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly