Junior Hospitality Designer
Given the studios exceptional output they continue to work on luxury hospitality projects in London and across the globe. The studio has a democratic team structure with junior designers encouraged to present to clients and pitch their ideas. While the studio itself may be boutique the budgets are large, and the project range from five-star hotels to independent restaurants.
- Assisting the Project Lead and Director at all stages of the design process
- An understanding of how designs get built
- Designing bespoke furniture with accompanying drawings
- Contributing to the concept development of a project and supporting this with sketching and imagery
- Being conscious of budgetary restrictions when designing
- Tweaking existing information (plans/drawings/visuals) Going out sourcing materials throughout London.
- Compiling mood and concept boards.
- Speaking/meeting with various suppliers, manufacturers, tradespeople to understand their product, costs, obtaining samples, swatches, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Support the design team with concept design true to the clients brief
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate at all levels in a variety of settings including a corporate environment and construction environments.
- The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned team
- FF&E material and furnishing proposals including specification, coordination and furniture selection and specification
- Tender and construction drawings production including construction detailing
- Mood board and material board compilations