Our client has been designing and making bespoke furniture, antiqued mirror and specialist finishes for more than twenty years for the high-end London and international markets. They work for leading interior designers, architects and private clients all over the world.
They currently have an opening for a Furniture Designer with excellent technical knowledge of furniture construction to join their design team.
They are seeking an individual who will relish working within a dynamic environment and be flexible to accommodate daily priorities. You must be a strong team player and it is essential that you have a positive, can-do attitude. Knowledge and experience of VectorWorks is preferable but they will consider other similar CAD programmes.
Main duties for the Furniture Designer / Draughtsperson include:
- Supervising the design team to produce working drawings
- Production of accurate working drawings
- Production of design concept drawings to be used in the sales process
- Managing and co-ordinating makers and subcontractors
- Occasional working on-site: site surveying, fitting and construction
Skills and Experience needed for the Furniture Designer / Draughtsperson:
- Strong knowledge of both furniture manufacturing techniques and materials
- Site installation experience is desirable, as well as practical cabinet-making or bench skills
- At least 5 years’ experience in furniture or woodwork manufacture
- Good hand sketching ability would be helpful
- Strong analytically regarding budget awareness
- Good problem solving skills
In return you will be working with a very friendly bunch of people who love creating beautiful projects for their clients.