This company is a specialist in the interior architecture of historical and period properties and work directly with their clients who come to them for their expertise and beautiful pieces of furniture, joinery and workmanship.
With a busy order book they are currently recruiting for an experienced and technically minded Furniture Designer who, as their Project Designer, can produce detailed furniture drawings, 2D CAD layouts, 3D elevations and drawings. The role will be starting from taking the initial agreed conceptual design and sketch through building the projects on AutoCAD incorporating different materials and integrated appliances, lisaising with artisans for special crafted pieces through to working with the production engineers and workshop to installation.
You could be working on anything from panelling, architraves and flooring to libraries, bootrooms, scullerys, laundries and kitchens.
Skills and Experience needed for the Furniture Designer:
- AutoCAD experience and ideally 3D using Inventor or SolidWorks
- Cabinet Maker's or Joiner's background with a good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes, materials selection and presentation
- Experience already gained in industry as a furniture designer on fitted furniture and/or architectural joinery
- Able to work from sketches and specification sheets and to interpret technical requirements and design briefs
- Experience of Interior measured surveying is desirable
- A good knowledge of timber, joinery, wood veneers, finishes and finishing techniques
- A good understanding of furniture and period joinery detailing, with knowledge of period architectural styles and building techniques an advantage
- Knowledge of quality kitchen appliances and sanitary ware
Apply for Furniture Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly