Mid-weight Integrated Designer
Higher education is being rapidly disrupted by digitisation, globalisation and industry moving into the educational space. At the same time, people’s job security is at risk from rapidly evolving industries, robotics & AI, increasing demand for up-to-date technical, data, digital skills, and shorter job spans. Increasingly we are all transforming into lifelong learners, looking to upskill, reskill or entertain ourselves via effective educational content that provides quality, credentialed and recognised outcomes. In emerging markets the internet is accelerating this trend and opening up access to educational products from universities or institutions thousands of miles away, where previously cost, travel or admission requirements would have made study impossible.
FutureLearn was founded 8 years ago by The Open University, with the purpose of transforming access to education. Our mission is to ride the wave of these trends, and meet the needs of the professional lifelong learner across the globe. With new investment from the SEEK group, FutureLearn is now looking to expand globally, focusing on providing credible and valued lifelong learning pathways to professional learners, anywhere, any time from a mix of institutional and industry partners.
As our mid-weight integrated designer you will be a passionate self-starter with lots of creative ideas and a desire to play a key role in shaping and driving the global growth of our brand. You will bring best practise and inspiration from external creative sources back into the wider marketing team and provide brand guardianship and support to other teams across the business and other marketing suppliers. You will be keen to work in a scale up environment, bringing flexibility and dynamism to the team and be excited by the opportunity to creatively influence our future direction.
- Create and develop brilliant, on-brief, work with Creative Studio copy team – executing them to an exceptional level
- Manage the design process end-to-end, ensuring that creative is on-brand, on-trend and on-time
- Craft and develop first-rate assets for paid media, social, email and other channels that resonate and convert with our target audiences
- Work closely with the wider marketing and brand team, to understand project essentials and generate market-savvy creative that smashes boundaries and makes a splash
- Share and present your work regularly and champion the FutureLearn brand and creative studio output
- Participate in recommendations to continually improve communication, briefs, and process in order to drive the best output for yourself and creative studio
- 3+ years’ work experience with a solid portfolio of digital design
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrable experience in crafting, developing and delivering successful creative ideas and assets for paid marketing
- Visual flare, with a portfolio of fresh ideas, and an exciting design aesthetic
- Understanding of creating and delivering against brand guidelines including the importance of Brand within start ups / scale ups
- You will be able to deal with feedback, find consensus and still deliver grade-A creative – no prima donnas!
- You will have experience in creating and editing exciting video and animated content for campaigns, using appropriate tools such as After Effects or Final Cut
- You’ll have the ability to craft high performing paid media creative that drives commercial performance, including creative variant testing
- Experience shooting and editing video and previous management experience of other designers is highly preferable