CAD Design Technician
This atelier design studio design and fabricate unique, custom-made sculptural pieces and limited-edition collections for interior decorators, collectors and private clients. Their goal is to help shape remarkable interior beauty by nurturing, inspiring and enriching their relationships with artisans, craftspeople and partners (the communities they support) and their clients.
They are now currently recruiting for a CAD Design Technician to work on the production of designs and drawings for manufacturing and client approval. Each member of the team is expected to be adaptable and inventive, learning and developing the variety of house style processes and finishes.
Duties and Responsibilities of the CAD Design Technician include:
- Creating custom drawings from the standard product range and developing bespoke designs
- Translating specifications into detailed accurate manufacturing drawings
- Checking approved prototypes against technical manufacturing drawings and assisting in the drafting of accurate and detailed installation guides
- Liaising with fabrication and finishing departments to ensure client briefs and expectations are fulfilled
- Compiling Photoshop imagery and producing good quality renders
Skills and Experience needed for the CAD Design Technician:
- Degree in Product Design, Architecture or comparable
- Ideally 2 years' experience already gained on technical drawings for products (a work placement will count)
- Autodesk software such as AutoCAD, 3DS Max, Fusion 360 and/or Inventor
- Rendering using Blender, KeyShot or similar
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- General Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
In return you will be working with a great company on some amazing and exciting products. They are constantly evolving, have a strong focus on their people and a very high level of staff retention.