Product Manager - Toy/Gift
The Fix are recruiting for a Product Manager for the toy and gift sector.
You will manage and Coordinate the Company Range plan, generating product requirements and agreeing briefs; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing and time integrated plans for product introductions in line with Company brand plans and strategy.
Work within the PD & Creative Services team to co-ordinate the smooth running of New Product development from design concept to delivery into the business and into the market while ensuring the business’s commercial, brand and safety requirements are achieved.
- Range Planning with the Product Development, Marketing & Sales team
- Manage & Coordinate the Product Range Plans
- Manage & coordinate the New Product Introduction (NPI) process throughout the business
- Creating briefs for In house or external designers
- Supplier/ Factory Liaison, involving travel to suppliers in the Far East, as required.
- Understanding the costing and safety requirements of our products
- Critical pathing:
- Regular communication with suppliers to ensure calendar deadlines for required information such as prices, product specs, testing are met and product detail is as agreed.
- Regular communication to ensure critical path dates are made visible and that any slippages are understood.
- Product Specification:
- Working with the product development team and the suppliers to ensure product specifications are accurate and as required and suited to their customer’s needs.
- Running the New Product Development Summary in order to communicate up to date information on New Product specs and costings within the company.
- Support Product Development and QC with communication to factories and pre-shipment inspectors of product requirements for production prior to production and then inline product inspections and reviews once product is in warehouse.
- Support clear communication of specifications of new products and updates to existing product to QC, Purchasing, Sales and Marketing and Warehouse using the Master Data File, (MDF) and the Running Changes File, (RDF), ensuring accurate and up to date information is presented and understood.
- Licensor Approvals
- Communication with property owners to present and ensure approval of product development from concept through to manufacture and delivery of licensor production samples.
Maintain product and packaging artwork files for all products and ensure these are up to date
- Product Management, understanding of the consumer
- At least 2 to 3 years relevant experience in a related role within a related industry (Nursery, Toys, Gift or Apparel).