Furniture Designer / Interior Designer
This company specialises within interior architecture for historical and period properties. They work directly with their clients who come to them for their expertise and beautiful pieces of furniture, joinery and workmanship for their Country and London Town Houses across the UK and abroad.
They currently have an opening for a Concept Designer who has both a creative and organised mind and who understands residential interiors incorporating luxury bespoke furniture and joinery.
The ideal candidate will have interior design background and an illustrative talent, with a genuine interest in period buildings and fitted furniture. The role would primarily involve putting together design presentations to clients, compiling technical drawings, floor plans and layouts, moodboards, product specifications and reference imagery into a digital document and producing striking three-dimensional visualisations.
Other duties for the Furniture & Interiors Concept Designer might involve:
- Research into architectural / furniture details, commercial appliances, decorative furnishings, materials and specialist manufacturers
- Working with the team to provide costings and a budget
- Contacting suppliers to organise samples and material palettes
- Taking part in client meetings and making modifications to the concepts
Key Requirements for the Furniture & Interiors Concept Designer:
- Interior design experience already gained with bespoke furniture and/or joinery
- Knowledge of different materials
- A creative, enquiring mind and an interest in historical research of architecture and period properties
- Strong hand drawing and illustrative skills
- Able to use AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Ideally also able to use Photoshop, InDesign and ProCreate or Sketchbook
- Commercially minded and numerate