This company is a specialist in the interior architecture of historical and period properties and work directly with their clients who come to them for their expertise and beautiful pieces of furniture, joinery and workmanship.
With a busy order book they are currently recruiting for an experienced and technically minded Furniture Designer who can produce detailed furniture drawings, 2D CAD layouts, elevations and create 3D renders and images. You could be working on anything from panelling, architraves and flooring to libraries, bootrooms, scullerys, laundries and kitchens.
Skills and Experience needed for the Furniture Designer:
- AutoCAD experience and ideally 3D using Inventor or SolidWorks
- Cabinet Maker's or Joiner's background with a good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes, materials selection and presentation
- Able to work from sketches and specification sheets and to interpret technical requirements and design briefs
- Experience of Interior measured surveying is desirable
- A good knowledge of timber, joinery, wood veneers, finishes and finishing techniques
- A good understanding of furniture and period joinery detailing, with knowledge of period architectural styles and building techniques an advantage
- Knowledge of quality kitchen appliances and sanitary ware would also be helpful
Apply for Furniture Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly