Our client is a multi-disciplined packaging consultancy working with global names in retail and FMCG to deliver innovative and sustainable solutions. Services include strategic brand design, commercial and environmental consulting, structural packaging, artwork and reprographics, legal and technology solutions.
Due to new projects coming in they are seeking both a senior and mid-weight packaging designer to join their expanding team. In addition to working with the larger clients, the senior designer will have the responsibility of running smaller projects on a more independent basis and working closely with the client's account management team. The mid-weight designer will also be involved with running smaller independent projects but alongside others in the creative team.
Key responsibilities for the Packaging Designer will be to:
- Work on a number of different client and internal jobs at any time
- Actively participate at the briefing stages to develop accurate interpretations of the client briefs
- Establish design direction and provide ongoing guidance and encouragement on all those jobs you are actively involved with to both your fellow team members and the production team
- Ensure the creation of your design work / files meet the criteria set by the Company
- When appropriate, take an active role in client meetings, helping to persuasively present creative work to clients (the senior designer will take more of a lead role in conversations about how it fits with the clients brief, defending work and guiding decisions as needed)
- Have a good understanding of Bright Thinking tools and techniques
- Be prepared to go above and beyond to stretch your own creative capabilities. Think of all your projects as potential award winners!
Skills and Experience required for the Packaging Designer:
- Experience already gained on packaging design and graphics for FMCG
- Mid-weight: 2-6 years; Senior: 6-10 years
- Knowledge of developing brands and working within brand guidelines
- Fully conversant with the Adobe CS
- Digital experience would be a benefit
- Possessing a sound creative point of view and having the ability to present creative ideas internally with confidence and credibility
- Customer focused, able to work with others with excellent communication skills
- Good at problem solving, generating ideas and delivering results
In addition the Senior Designer should have sound commercial and market awareness and be able to manage and lead others.
It is a very exciting time to be joining this company, there are plenty of career opportunities and their offices are a fun and dynamic place to work. Working partly from home can also be an option.
There is a very competitive salary on offer along with these benefits:
- 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays, increases with service
- Pension and Life cover
- In-house Healthcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts
- Cycle to work, free car parking and the office is close to the train station
Apply for Packaging Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly