Digital Project Manager - Gaming Client
Our client, an award-winning Digital Creative Agency, who work with a number of household names within the entertainment space, are seeking a Digital Project Manager with client facing experience to join their passionate and collaborative team! You will be focused on one of their biggest accounts, an innovative mobile gaming client and work closely alongside the Account Director to help take this account to the next level.
You will have the opportunity to work across a number of B2C projects, currently around 50% is animation project delivery where ideation and art direction are required, so this experience is essential!
Your Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the production of a range of digital deliverables with a strong focus on social, 2D and 3D video
- Responsible for the end-to-end process for your project deliverables
- Internally manage the creative and production teams
- Track and manage resource and anticipate possible issues
- Have the complete confidence and ability to work out timelines, project budgets and write detailed SOWs, managing, issues, risk and scope along the way
- Create and update project documentation including project plans, flowcharts and budget reconciliation reports.
- Receive feedback and relay back to the team
- Organise and lead status calls
- Think creatively and add your own flair to each project
Skills & Experience Required:
- Agency experience in a client facing AM/PM role
- Experience working with big brands with a strong focus on digital content production- social content (animated videos and static)
- Willingness to completely immerse yourself in the game's world
- Good understanding of design standards with a keen eye for detail
- Comfortable setting up and organising brainstorms, briefing sessions and communicating feedback
- Experience managing the full project life cycle (including creative conception), writing your own briefs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment managing multiple projects at once
- Confident to form new relationships, deal with clients and manage their expectations
- Likeable, approachable and friendly person with outstanding communication skills
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your CV in for immediate consideration, to CS@tomorrowlondon.co.uk