Product Designer & Artworker
Our client manufactures a world class product, which they sell successfully in the UK and the US and increasingly, worldwide.
Due to a large increase in business this year they are seeking an additional Product Designer to join the Product Development team. You will be primary responsible for creating puzzle cut designs using CAD, art working using Adobe Creative Suite and assisting in the NPD process. They will also consider working partly in the office and partly from home remotely.
Additional responsibilities for the Product Designer include:
- Assisting with product testing and quality control
- Creatively working to specifications and briefs
- Working closely with other teams to ensure a high-quality final product
- Providing quality control over own work
- Managing the complete product design lifecycle from brainstorming and concept development to project management and production
The competencies needed to perform the role of Product Designer successfully include:
- The ability to work to briefs and collaborate with cross-functional team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrable enthusiasm, drive, and self-motivation
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas
- Excellent planning and organisational skills - ability to manage own workload
- The ability to suggest own ideas and improvements to products
- The ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously to tight deadlines
Experience needed for the Product Designer role:
- 1-2 years of experience as a Product Designer / Graphic Designer
- Degree or equivalent in Product Design / Graphic Design or related field
- Strong CAD and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Knowledge of working on both PC and Mac
Salary for the Product Designer is c£25k plus 25 days holiday, contributory pension, social events (when allowed) and annual puzzle allowance. Also a continual supply of chocolates, cakes and bacon rolls!
Due to their location you will need your own car in order to get to work and there is free onsite parking.