Head Of Video/Photography
Our client, a leading retailer with the world's largest dedicated online presence, are seeking a Head of Video & Photography to join their passionate team. You will directly manage and lead a growing video, photography and support team, including a photographer, videographer, producer, food stylist, and retoucher. You'll be responsible for their performance in terms of quality and timelines, and for their ongoing development. You'll also be an expert practitioner in your own right: someone who can lead by example, a resource for best practices/quality, and someone who can provide guidance to other colleagues.
You will manage the day-to-day workflow and delivery of all photography and videography from brief to shoot to delivery, responsible for protecting and developing the brand, ensuring that all photography and videography is of a consistently high standard and encouraging your team to do the same. Every day is different, but the balance is roughly 60/40- 60% pure management responsibilities, 40% creative input, the role is best suited to someone who is excited to give their all to the team and to help nurture and guide talent rather than wanting to do all the work for them.
The business has doubled in size over the last year, they rival the biggest names and are really changing the way for retail, and have endless and exciting growth opportunities and so many innovative projects on the horizon. They have an incredible creative team of around 20-30 experts, consisting of Graphic Designers, Digital Designers, Art Directors, Photographers, Copywriters, developers, and they even have their own studio with a kitchen and chefs!
You will be a leader in the department, a key figure in the digital team and crucial part of their growth, your ideas will be listened to and this is somewhere you will really be able to make an impact. They have excellent learning and development opportunities; many people have transitioned to new roles in the business over the years and still remain extremely happy 15+ years on!
- Responsible for the organisation and performance of a medium-sized video and photography team.
- Responsible for holding regular catchups with your team to discuss expectations and provide performance feedback and coaching.
- Responsible for coaching and developing your team, inspiring them to improve their technical skills and raise the output of the team.
- Share technical knowledge relating to photography, videography, product styling, lighting, composition and crops.
Management duties include:
Attending planning meetings, managing resource based on each individual's skill-set, carrying out appraisals, managing timesheets, recruitment, ongoing training requirements for team members, regular meetings with business owners, effectively managing team performance and development with effective feedback, integrating, and developing all new starters, including managing probation goals, and ensuring you have captured any training needs.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong, demonstrable background in video production, photography and/or art direction.
- Strong experience in product and lifestyle photography, ideally in one or more of the following environments: food, retail, e-commerce.
- Proven experience in managing, motivating, mentoring, guiding and improving team performance.
- Expert technical knowledge in photography, video and retouching.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to bring creative ideas and successfully follow briefs.
- Able to drive improvements and shape team to business needs.
- Manage stakeholders and communicate / present at all levels of the business.
Benefits include private medical insurance, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, enhanced Pension, 20% discount across their stores, Income protection, numerous vouchers, discounts and much more.
Please note they are based in Hertfordshire/North London, you must be happy to go to the office 3 days a week post COVID.
Please send your CV & Portfolio in now for immediate consideration & interview.
Apply for Head Of Video/Photography
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly