Junior Designer / Artworker
Here at Transdev we run buses across the North, from Preston in the west to Scarborough in the east. We’re a 1250-strong, award-winning team, proud to be making bus travel better across the towns and cities we are so proud to serve. And, now more than ever, bus travel has been proven as critical to how our communities go about their lives every day.
We’re looking for a Junior Designer/Artworker to join our in-house Marketing and Communications team based in Harrogate. We’re flexible about hours, and would love to hear from you whether you’re looking for a full or part-time role.
What you’ll be doing
- working in close quarters with the industry’s best designers, forging relationships which will provide you with opportunities to develop your skills and abilities.
- working across a range of design briefs on content for our social and digital channels, as well as print, advertising, bus liveries and more.
- consistently executing all projects, no matter how large or small, to our high standards
- bringing ideas forward to contribute to our creative campaigns for our customers and our colleagues.
- contributing to the wider marketing and communications workplan, and managing tasks and projects to help deliver our goals.
What you’ll be working on
- customer marketing (leaflets, timetables, posters, outdoor, print and press ads)
- digital and social media (static and animated graphics)
- team communications (newsletters, posters, digital app content, magazines and booklets)
- buses (some work on liveries and internal bus branding)
What you’ll have
This is a challenging, but fulfilling and rewarding role in a busy and fast-paced team. You’ll need to be confident in your ability to work to tight deadlines, and to deliver our signature brand of high quality, eye catching and attractive design, day in, day out.
We’re looking for you to be:
- educated to degree level or equivalent in a design-related subject
- a creative individual with an impressive portfolio of work and ideas
- an excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects
- understanding of the process of designing for print as well as for digital output
- demonstrably interested in information design
- enthusiastic about public transport and making buses better for our customers, just like we are
- a strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with your colleagues
- able to demonstrate impeccable attention to detail
- willing to listen to feedback and use it to improve
- knowledgeable of brand awareness and tone of voice, including the ability to differentiate and adapt between various types of media
- flexible and able to, from time-to-time, work hours that aren’t typical to meet the needs of the business
We’ll give you in return
You’ll be working for one of the industry’s most exciting and creative companies – we really care about design and first-class marketing.
Our terms and conditions are some of the best around and include:
- A competitive salary, based on your experience
- Free travel for you and your partner on our own buses, and many more across the North of England.
- Subsidised gym membership and money off at many high street shops, including major supermarkets, through our Transdev Exchange colleague app.
- Recognition and awards for best performers including our annual company-wide Amazing Awards.
- Opportunities to progress to other roles through our StepUP talent and development programme.
- A generous company pension scheme, with life cover at 2x your basic annual salary.
Email your CV, a pdf of or link to your portfolio, and a covering letter outlining how you meet what you’re looking for, to our Marketing Manager at email@example.com.