Digital Strategy Director
7 days left
- Job Functions
Our client, a leading Brand Activation agency with over 20 years of marketing experience are on the lookout for an experienced Digital Strategy Director to join their team. They work across the FMCG, health and beauty, luxury goods, retail, and technology sectors, partnering with some of the world’s most ambitious brands and clients to deliver wow experiential and digital programmes around the UK.
Purpose of the Digital Strategy Director role:
This role will lead a newly formed team to develop digital strategies for our clients, deliver impactful campaigns and support the broader team on what is possible from digital marketing. The main requirement of this player-manager is to develop winning digital strategies which support the clients’ campaign or business goals.
Ideal candidates for this position should have an agency background, be innovative, web and multimedia savvy with a firm grasp of the various digital touch points to drive highly effective digital campaigns.
Based in our modern offices in Maidenhead, and reporting to the Head of Creative, this role is an integral part of the creative team, working with other cross-functional roles, facilitating cross agency cooperation as well as digital delivery.
Responsibilities of the Digital Strategy Director:
- Develop innovative and forward thinking tactical and strategic digital solutions that support the delivery of clients’ campaign goals inclusive of but not restricted to online marketing, social media, apps, games, and virtual events
- Collaborate with the strategy team to leverage relevant customer intelligence/insight/data and market research to help guide and direct the digital plans.
- Provide independent advice to clients on their digital strategy, exploiting the web, mobile and social media
- Collaborate both internally and with other agencies to ensure a consistent and joined up approach to the campaign requirements
- To devise and deliver innovative digital plans and tools which maximise client and agency opportunities, against agreed budgets and timelines
- To regularly and pro-actively review industry, social, mobile, and digital trends ensuring that we find the latest ways of reaching our clients’ target audience groups
- Work closely with internal teams on digital related projects – providing strategic guidance for web, social and mobile programs, and initiatives, as well as with specialized third parties and freelancers
- Lead brainstorming sessions, and provide coaching for internal teams for new business pitches with little or no involvement from management
- Understand the financial side of each account and allocated hours per month against actual fee of delivered services
- Lead and work closely with all stakeholders on RFP/RFQ and Tender reviews, responses, and submissions
- Support the development of the agency’s strategic digital offering, services, and collateral
- Lead and develop a team of digital marketing experts, facilitating regular performance reviews in line with our policies for people to ensure performance is aligned to the company’s vision
Requirements of the Digital Strategy Director:
- Able to brainstorm and develop digital strategies against objectives.
- Experience in digital marketing, particularly social media, and digital marketing software; with deep domain expertise in and a passion for best digital practices as well as a firm grasp of emerging digital tools.
- At least 5 – 8 years’ experience working in a fast-paced agency environment, preferably a digital or social media agency, supported by a formal relevant qualification e.g. marketing degree or CIM diploma.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to focus on details, reporting & budgets.
- Expert influencing skills communicated diplomatically with appropriate level of assertiveness.
- Collaborative method of working; delivery-focused in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Action orientated & able to adapt to rapid changing business requirements while thinking creatively taking advantage of cutting-edge digital opportunities.
What's in it for you?
Well apart from the opportunity to play a key, influential role in a dynamic agency environment with the flexibility to develop the role, we offer a very attractive package including competitive salary, 25 days holiday rising to a maximum of 30 days (plus public holidays), pension, private healthcare, life assurance and a flexible approach to working.
Apply for Digital Strategy Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly