This company creates game changing products for sport that are a step beyond the rest. They have built a reputation for fresh, innovative design, premium product quality and impeccable craftsmanship. They sponsor some of the World's leading players on every continent and foster a culture of invention and progression.
As a product designer, you'll create a range of consumer items including equipment, apparel and accessories. You will work on new products, and seek to develop existing ones, using your understanding of technology, materials and manufacturing methods.
You will be working in the design studio putting together a design proposal for projects and then following through from concept to manufacture.
Responsibilities for the Product Designer also include:
- Working on ideas using CAD
- Sketching initial design ideas and using the 3D printer to test ideas
- Identifying the suitability and availability of materials
- Producing detailed drawings and design specifications, including parts lists and costings
- Testing the design concept, researching materials, processes or market requirements
- Occasional travel to offices in China and Japan to assist in the development process as required
- Making presentations to senior management, to present design proposals
Person / Experience Required for the Product Designer role:
- A Product Industrial Design Engineering degree with 3 years' post-graduate experience
- A high degree of technical knowledge balanced with creative ability and a hands-on approach
- Commercial awareness
- Proficiency in CAD, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with the capabilities and limitations of CNC machining & injection moulding
- Knowledge of industrial processes, techniques and standards
- A willingness to build and maintain positive working relationships and to share information with others
They are based near the Hertfordshire and Essex borders with good train links.