Reports to: Head of Marketing
Responsible for: None
Purpose of job: To provide a full graphic design service to Chiswick Auctions, including video and other media
Internal: specialist departments; business functions especially photography
External: print and online media, advertising and PR agencies
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Based at Chiswick HQ but with visits to Chiswick South Kensington as required
Chiswick Auctions is a privately owned, well-established London auction house which is fast becoming a major player in the international art market. With 20 specialist departments, regular dedicated and themed sales are held across a breadth of specialisms. In addition, monthly Interiors, Homes and Antiques sales contribute to a busy calendar of 100 auctions per year that cater for all levels of the market.
The main headquarters is based in Chiswick, with a showroom in South Kensington (CSK), and with regular valuation events held in the UK, Italy and Greece. Chiswick Auctions employs around 55 staff.
The Marketing and Communications function works across the entire organisation, and plays a crucial role in developing the overall brand of the business, developing engaging and creative advertising and content for each specialists department, and understanding the needs and aspirations of our different customer and client audiences. The department currently consists of a Head of Marketing, Digital Marketing Executive, and a Graphic Designer (this position).
The role liaises directly with specialists and external stakeholders to provide an in-house graphic design service, working across both digital media and print, and adhering strongly to our brand guidelines.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Working on a variety of creative projects, from concept to completion, to deliver eye-catching and engaging creative for multiple channels including print, digital, social media, email and web
- Overarching strategic brand guideline development and implementation for the organisation.
- Design of all digital marketing including developing campaign concepts and layouts for google advertising, Chiswick Auctions website and social channels, which include animation elements.
- Design of all marketing collateral including advertising, brochures, proposals, signage, and stationery.
- Assistance with video production and editing.
- Oversight of marketing photography.
- Image re-touching.
- Liaison with external suppliers including printers and media owners.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures and any relevant external bodies or processes.
- Participate in organization-wide meetings, activities, and processes, and develop internal contacts, networks and interactions as appropriate.
- Carry out other duties as required by the Directors and Managing Director.
Essential skills and experience
- A relevant degree-level Graphic Design qualification.
- High proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and preferably video editing software such as Adobe Premier and After Effects.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook etc)
- Proven experience in both layout design, animation design and typographic skills are essential.
- Superior project management, and the ability to manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organised, self-motivated, competent and can use own initiative.
- Ability to thrive within a fast-paced team environment and to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including first class spoken English
- A portfolio that demonstrates fluency in the visual language of print and digital advertising, web design and photo and video shoot direction. Applications without a visual portfolio will not be considered.
- Work experience within a brand or advertising agency.