Production Manager - Furniture
Our client is an innovative and pioneering gallery of original and unique furniture and products. Championing and showcasing the work of designers who are both new and world famous, they have grown to be renowned for the work they create.
With a production and technical design studio on site they are seeking an experienced individual with strong knowledge of furniture construction and a variety of materials. You should be able to ork with the team and be excited about using the finest materials and exacting requirements needed in order to fulfill the design and brief.
Key Responsibilities for the Production Manager include to:
- Oversee the design and production of gallery artists collection from concept stage through to manufacture including material and component specifications, production of prototypes and drawings
- Plan and draw up a production schedule, monitor the production processes and set and control the quality standards
- Supplier relationship management (budgets, negotiating costs, sourcing and contacting suppliers)
A large part of the job is dealing with people and resource management, you may also be involved with furniture design and purchasing.
Key Person and Experience required for the Production Manager:
- Experienced in the fabrication of luxury sculptural/artistic furniture and products
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- The capacity to grasp complex design and production concepts easily
- Fluency to deal with various software and CAD programmes
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- Strong negotiation skills for getting materials within budget at the right time
- Leadership skills and the ability to motivate others to meet deadlines
They are also interested in hearing from candidates with more hands on technical design skills for the role of Production Coordinator and Technican.
Apply for Production Manager - Furniture
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly