Technical Lead - Based in Madrid
An international design agency with an established headquarters in Australia are looking for a Technical Lead for their growing studio in Madrid. The successful candidates would be brought on a for an initial 6-month contract to work across luxury hotels and resorts across Europe. This brilliant opportunity to join a global team who are passionate about delivering projects with highest level of design.
- Provide technical support for high-end interior construction from base building shell, service, bespoke finishes, and custom designed fixtures to ensure the integrity of the design is realised in built form
- Taking approved concept presentation through to design development and documentation
- Attend design reviews to provide technical expertise
- Provide support, guidance, and mentoring. Knowledge sharing with team
- Design technical coordination with external team
- Assist internal team with management of the outsourcing communications
- Ensure the studios design intent is protected and maintained thought consultant coordination and the contractor processes (shop drawings, sample submissions)
- Review, understand and mark-up client, consultants, contractors and supplier’s documentation drawings, specifications and material samples
- Guide the Client’s PM and contractors successfully through the project, responding to and managing RFI’s
- Foresee potential issues ahead of time to raise with Head of Design
Skills & experience
- Advanced AutoCAD proficiency is essential
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Highly organised, manage own workload in a proactive and time efficient manner.
- Take ownership of technical design decisions
- Proven experience in similar team leading role
- Luxury hospitality/hotel project experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Current residency in Madrid is essential
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- The ideal candidate will be proactive, adaptable, and hard-working
Benefits & culture
- Collaborative team environment globally
- Support and mentoring to take ownership of your projects
- Opportunity to be offered a permanent contract after the six-month period.
- Great location in Madrid, close to transport!
Apply now with your CV and sample portfolio, looking to interview immediately. All application documents must be in English for the global team review.
Contracts start date: Immediately, candidate must be Madrid based with valid right to work to be considered.
Apply for Technical Lead - Based in Madrid
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly