- Job Functions
Design is a central discipline for our client and is core to everything they do. Designers develop and execute smart, unexpected creative solutions to our client's business problems. The work you do will be based on a clear understanding of the strategy. Designers are constantly looking for opportunities to bring innovative ideas to every project.
Their design output spans a wide spectrum from functional applications (like apps and websites, where usability is at the center) to expressive visuals (such as print and related mediums, where visual impact is the focus).
Designers must be equally talented with design skills and tech savviness: able to easily develop user interface, graphic designs; apply color theory and design principles to produce visually appealing aesthetics. The ability to concept and craft stories, with a highly developed understanding of digital design is key to the role.
The Designers work in a highly collaborative process together with other members of our creative team such as Motion Designers, Art Directors, Copywriters, Strategists, Developers, Producers and more.
Candidates applying for the Senior Designer position must have Senior level experience of at least 1-3 years, with the aim of developing and moving in to a Design Lead role.
- Ability to lead a team through the creative process and provide mentoring to junior team members, while providing constructive feedback to inspire innovative thinking and leverage individual talent
- Work alongside the Design Director and support them in a wide variety of projects
- Strong knowledge of visual/interactive/motion design foundation, tools and trends
- A detailed and in-depth understanding of the latest digital design and prototyping software (Sketch mandatory. Adobe XD, Figma prefered. Principle, Framer X or other motion graphics prototyping experience essential)
- A working knowledge of current HTML and CSS practices. Knowledge of using hosting platforms such as Zeplin and Avocode
- Must be able to demonstrate senior level experience of big-build web and app design platforms within their portfolio
- An excellent understanding of design for e-commerce is essential
- Highly organised work process with a great understanding of producing stylesheets, typographic systems and pattern libraries
- A strong understanding and focused approach to UX design and strategy in order to work alongside our UX designers
- Effectively communicate research findings and strategy, conceptual ideas and design rationale both verbally and visually to clients with an engaging presentation style to spread enthusiasm about work internally and externally
- Strong conceptual thinker with ability to kick off a project with new and interesting concepts and lead project to final execution.
- Open to constructive feedback with awareness of how and when to defend design choices
The Senior Designer reports to the Design Director.
Apply for Senior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly