Position: Design Assistant
Location: East Sussex
Our client is one of the leading and award winning natural play specialists creating bespoke playgrounds and landscapes from natural materials. They offer innovative play designs and installations to clients including schools, nurseries, councils and parks around the country.
They are looking to appoint a design assistant to join the fast paced and dynamic team. The role would include working with the creative director; design team manager and other members of the design team as well working directly with Southern salespersons to primarily create playground design proposals for clients.
You will be a highly motivated and responsible individual who is looking for a role with opportunity for development and progression. You will be confident in managing a busy workload with conflicting deadlines and capable in managing projects from initial enquiry to completion.
- Creating design proposals including in-scale design plans and illustrative images using Adobe Photoshop SketchUp and AutoCAD, written proposals using Adobe InDesign and quotations using Microsoft Excel.
- Creating conceptional hand drawings to support proposal documents.
- Working closely with site surveyors to ensure designs and quotations are appropriate for client needs and expectations.
- Regularly liaise with clients to understand their requirements and keep them apprised of the progress of their designs.
- Liaising with clients following proposal presentation, gaining feedback and making design revisions where necessary and appropriate.
- A flexible approach to ad-hoc tasks.
Qualifications and Skills
- In depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and InDesign) and working knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchUp
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to strict deadlines whilst paying close attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, flexible approach to work and a friendly, approachable attitude.
- A creative and positive approach to problem solving.
- Full UK driving licence with own car
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.