Furniture Designer / Design Technician
This innovative studio and workshop undertakes all aspects of cabinetry and carpentry relating to the development of both private homes and commercial properties. In addition, they are able to manage complete house projects, from initial design concepts to final installation, offering exceptional levels of creative design, project management and customer service / aftercare.
Based in Devon, they are currently looking to recruit a Furniture Designer to join their team where they combine fine craftsmanship with modern techniques to create furniture and architectural joinery of the highest quality.
Experience and skills required for the Furniture Designer
- You will need experience from the furniture industry together with knowledge of material selection and manufacturing processes
- Good communication skills, able to liaise with both the client and the workshop
- Good project management skills
- Able to work on your own initiative, as well as within a team
- Fluent in SolidWorks
- Attention to detail and a high level of concentration so as not to be distracted in a busy working environment is essential, as is working to deadlines
- Ideally good sketching and presentation skills
In return they offer an excellent working environment in a state of the art design office and the Furniture Designer role will be working Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm.