Head of Digital
Our client are embarking on a digital transformation and as such and building a digital team to take on the challenge. They're an innovative insurance and technology organisation who are investing heavily in building a strong digital footprint and this is where you come in!
This newly created role is a great chance to make a huge impact with a company who is ready to embrace digital marketing in their culture.
You will be responsible for overseeing the planning, delivery and optimisation of performance-oriented online marketing plans to achieve channel growth and performance improvements against set business objectives.
You will also build a play a big part in the recruitment of the growing digital team!
We're looking for an expert in their field to lead the development and execution of the group's digital strategy to deliver target customer and commercial outcomes.
You'll be a result-driven digital design guru with a demonstrable track record of success. A creative, can-do attitude that inspires colleagues to turn ideas into reality is a must!
- Develop and execute the group's digital strategy, ensuring the required capital, resource and governance is in place to succeed
- Deliver the group's digital commercial plan, with a strong focus on maximising conversion, revenue and self-service levels
- As part of the Commercial & Marketing leadership team, help to shape and execute the group's commercial, customer and people strategies
- Lead, inspire and coach a team of digital professionals to deliver the digital plan
- Lead the digital programme of work, collaborating with senior stakeholders across the business to align activity, secure resources and govern the change agenda robustly
- Be the group's thought leader on digital, pre-empting market changes and developing concepts that capitalise upon them
- Build and execute our digital analytics strategy, linking up with other key data users to ensure we're leveraging the digital insight we gather across the group
- Conduct employee management duties
Experience & knowledge
- Significant senior leadership experience of a digital function, with a demonstrable track record of success
- Experience of managing an income/P&L budget successfully
- Experience of starting up/scaling up a digital function
- Strong leadership capabilities with the ability to inspire and coach people from assistant level to senior management
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to rapidly quantify opportunities and risk to inform the prioritisation of activity
- Experience of managing budgets
- Results driven with a constant eye on the prize
- An empathetic approach to leadership, with the ability to get the best out of a wide range of stakeholders
- A passion for design and usability, with a good eye for detail
- Analytical by nature, with the focus on data-based decision making